The Observer is currently hiring. The positions available are listed below.
All positions are paid. Please see below for a brief description of each job. Questions? Email email@example.com.
The Observer is always accepting applications for writers and photographers, and hires on a continuous, as-needed basis. To apply for a position as a writer or photographer, please directly contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are also hiring advertising agents on a continuous, as-needed basis. Please contact our director of business, Zoe Yang, directly at email@example.com if you have interest in this position.
Opinion Designer, Design
- Additional position available to create both front page and infographics for use throughout paper
- Design pages of their respective sections on production nights
- Make corrections to page proofs
- Determine art and graphic placement
- Notify section editor of captions, headlines, summaries, and decks
- Completes design assignments as requested by the director of design